Take the Plunge
Founded in 1877, the Dolphin Swimming and Boating Club is a diverse and thriving community of people from all over the Bay Area and the world. We are an adventurous and safety-minded club that loves the San Francisco Bay. We welcome new members monthly!
- Keyed, year-round access to our historic clubhouse on San Francisco’s Aquatic Park cove.
- Use of all club facilities, including handball court, gym, hot showers and saunas, communal kitchen, and community areas.
- Use of boats, including our historic wooden fleet, after completing the mandatory rowing training (offered monthly).
- Organized club swims and rows throughout the year. (Note: You must be a member in good standing for six months before participating in out-of-cove swims. Alcatraz and Golden Gate swims require three qualifying swims and two swim helps.)
- Opportunity to join annual Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon (the original!)
- Dolphin Log print publication—three editions per year.
- Social events including mixers, dinners, and lectures open to all members.
- A range of volunteer opportunities, including events, governance, community support, and fleet and facility maintenance.
How to Join
- Fill out the Application Form [See DSBC Privacy and Data Security Policy].
- Attend the New Member meeting on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 6 p.m. Your application must be received at least 24 hours before the monthly meeting. Confirmation of your application will include additional information including how to join the meeting.
- Pay initiation fee and annual dues – prorated at time of joining.
2022 Fees and Annual Dues
|$127||One-time non-refundable initiation fee|
|$486||Senior members (age 65 and over)|
|$135||Out of Town members (residing more than 100 miles from the Club|
Have questions? Need additional information? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org