Take the Plunge
Founded in 1877, the Dolphin Swimming and Boating Club is a diverse and thriving community of people from all over the Bay Area and the world. We are an adventurous and safety-minded club that loves the San Francisco Bay.
We welcome new members monthly! To join, you must apply attend the orientation and Board meeting at 6pm on the 3rd Wednesday of the month (details below).
- Keyed, year-round access to our historic clubhouse on San Francisco’s Aquatic Park cove.
- Use of all club facilities, including handball court, gym, hot showers and saunas, communal kitchen, and community areas.
- Use of boats, including our historic wooden fleet, after completing the mandatory rowing training (offered monthly).
- Organized club swims and rows throughout the year. (Note: You must be a member in good standing for six months before participating in out-of-cove swims. Alcatraz and Golden Gate swims require three qualifying swims and two swim helps.)
- Opportunity to join annual Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon (the original!)
- Dolphin Log print publication—three editions per year.
- Social events including mixers, dinners, and lectures open to all members.
- A range of volunteer opportunities, including events, governance, community support, and fleet and facility maintenance.
How to Join
- Explore the website and read this document to determine if this is the club for you. We encourage you to use the club on our public access days – Mon/Weds/Fri from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. for $10 – to become familiar with it prior to joining.
- Fill out the Application Form [See DSBC Privacy and Data Security Policy].
- Read and sign our Online Waiver.
- Attend the New Member meeting on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 6 p.m.
- Pay initiation fee and annual dues – prorated and due at time of joining.
2023 Fees and Annual Dues
|$127||One-time non-refundable initiation fee|
|$515||Senior members (age 65 and over)|
|$143||Out of Town members (residing more than 100 miles from the Club)|
Applicants for membership to the Dolphin Club shall not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, ancestry, national origin, sex, political affiliation, sexual orientation, physical handicap, marital status, medical condition (cancer related) conditions diagnosed as Acquired Immune Deficiency or AIDS Related Conditions, or any other grounds prohibited by law. – San Francisco Rec and Park Commission Resolution 161619a